Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Ada: Piggish

Ada is my deceased great-grandmother. These words are taken from her personal history:

As I look back over the lessons my mother taught me, a few things stand out: (1) Avoid taking all day to do ordinary chores. (2) Work as a team in the family. (3) Never take the largest piece of cake or candy on the plate. After all there isn't much difference--just a bite or two more--and that isn't worth being "piggish" about. (4) Don't ask anyone to do things for you that you can easily do for yourself

As I (Jena) read this advice in Ada's history, I had to laugh about the piggish part because when Ben and I were first married, I grew a humongous snout capable of sniffing out any treats in the house. You better believe I hid them from Ben. Oink.

No comments:

Post a Comment