Monday, September 26, 2011

Me: Strong Women Eat Chocolate


That's right. Strong women eat chocolate. But before you start to down Hershey's kisses and Dove bars, let me explain. Your hips will thank me later.

At the General Relief Society broadcast held this past Saturday evening, President Uchtdorf reminded us of the familiar story Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. He talked about how people in that book became so focused on finding one of five golden tickets wrapped inside their candy bar that they forget to enjoy the chocolate. President Uchtdorf then explained that sometimes we are so focused on waiting for our golden ticket, the perfect situation, that we forget to enjoy the chocolate--simple, every day joys.

Strong women are wise enough to enjoy their chocolate, to cherish and find happiness in the small things. They are happy even when a golden ticket doesn't appear. I've thought a lot about my golden tickets and my chocolates. Here they are:

My Golden Tickets:
Ben getting better

My Chocolates:
Spending the early morning with Emmy down by a nearby chicken coop
Ben making me laugh
Reese's Peanut Butter Big Cups
An amazing foam mattress pad

But my tickets and my chocolates aren't the only ones out there. I'd love to hear yours. If you want to share them, please email your top golden ticket (just 1) and top two chocolates to lifesshortlivestrong@gmail.com. I will post your responses this Friday. And remember,

STRONG WOMEN EAT CHOCOLATE.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this talk! Isn't Elder Uchtdorf amazing? As I listened to this talk I was hoping you were listening also. It reminded me of you, and the attitude you have kept this past year. As well as all you guys have learned, and all you have taught those of us watching from the side lines. Hope you know that you are a "Strong Woman" in my life!

    ReplyDelete