Monday, September 19, 2011

Ada: In Her Words

*Ada Strong is my deceased great-grandmother. Accounts posted are taken from her personal history.

One day I was sitting by Grandma helping her shell beans. She said to me, "Ada, don't put a bean up your nose." That gave me an idea. I hadn't thought of it until then. So first chance I got, up a bean went into my nostril. It was sort of hard to breathe with it there, so I tried to get it out--and the harder I tried, the farther up it went. I was scared to death! I remember "sneaking" up the stairs and kneeling by the bed with the huge mattress and down quilts and praying. And praying. As I opened my eyes, I gave a lusty sneeze and the bean shot clear across the room. I knew it was an answer to my frantic prayer.

STRONG WOMEN PRAY OFTEN.

1 comment: